Saturday, August 18, 2012

ramadan day 30

I made it!  Ramadan has come and gone.  30 days of fasting.  After the first day, I didnt think I would get through fasting for an entire month.  I have been feeling a lot of gratitude today.  I'm grateful for the special friends that I have, that support and encourage me.  I am grateful that my ex wife and I have a good friendship.  I am grateful that I am not doing the insane things that I was doing 2 years ago. 

I will enjoy my exta hour of sleep tomorrow and lunch!  I will most likely go to Eid Salat tomorrow.  It's near enough that I can walk there.  I'm so tired though, the though of sleeping after fajr until noon sounds tempting.

Anyway, I am proud of myself for taking on fasting during this ramadan.  Just to reflect on what I did:
I fast the entire 30 days.
I started attending the class for new muslims again
I attended iftar at the mosque.
I almost finished reading the quran. 
I learned more about taqwa.

I hope this is just the start of my spiritual journey, inshallah. 

Peace and blessings to all

1 comment:

  1. I know this is just the beginning of your journey. Thank you sharing your thoughts and taking us along for the ride. You truly do have an attitude of gratitude and I love how you reflected on the positive. I hope you will continue to blog. I really enjoy reading your posts and they have helped me a lot. Thank you for being you. :-)

    ReplyDelete