Sunday, August 19, 2012


I got up early today and didnt eat breakfast right away.  I had coffee and did some stretching.  It rained all night and into the early morning.  It stopped as I got ready to go Eid prayer.  I had been worried that I might get wet walking over to the convention center near my home.

It was about a mile walking over.  There was no rain.  The walk felt really wonderful.  I got there and sat up front on the fourth row.  First, there was takbeerat which is repeating 'allahu akbar' over and over by different people.  This took about an hour. 

Then there was the eid prayer itself.  Which was only two rakats and then some short speeches. 
They actually had to repeat the prayer because people got stuck in traffic.  There were so many people there.  Must have been thousands.  I was hanging around after the prayer and I ran into someone I see in the prayer room at work.  It was nice to see a familiar face.  Then later I met
someone else I knew.  I got his phone number.  He is the guy that does the adhan at jumah.
I am glad I made contact with another muslim.  I would like to have some more muslim friends.

I walked home, this time it was raining but I didnt mind at all.  It wasnt raining too hard and I
enjoyed getting to walk to a place where I could pray with thousands of other muslims.

Peace and blessings to all

1 comment:

  1. You said you had been worried that you might get wet walking to the convention center. I think a lot of things, and dare I say most things, people worry about never happen. Someone told me that a couple of years ago and I ponder that thought often. For me it's true and I try to keep that in mind. It doesn't always work, but it helps. It kinda makes worrying useless. :-)

    I'm so glad you saw a familiar face and that you met the guy who gives the adhan at Jumah. I'm sure as you continue to mingle at the mosque you will meet more people too, and perhaps the ones who saw yesterday will introduce you to people they know.

    I'm glad you enjoyed the experience! :-)