Friday, August 3, 2012

ramadan day 15

Half way through ramadan.  I went to jumah today at the nearby mosque.  This one is closer, but I think I like the main mosque better.  The closer one seems to have more Arabs in it I guess.  Much more of the khutbah was in arabic.  Even the announcements at the end were in arabic before giving them in english.  even the adhan is better at the main mosque.  actually, it's just one guy at the main mosque that's really good, the others i've heard are not as good.

my jaw is sore today.  i took a nap and apparently was grinding my teeth really hard.  I usually wear a mouth piece when i sleep at night to keep from grinding my teeth.  I didnt think I would need it for a short nap.  Oh well, lesson learned.

I have almost finished reading my sufism book.  It's really good. I have hesitated in exploring sufism and further than reading about it though.

Peace and blessings to all

1 comment:

  1. That is wonderful you went to a different mosque because they are certainly not all the same. At most local mosques here the kutbah is given in Arabic first, then translated into English. At least that's what I found from the few times I've gone.

    Sorry about your jaw. That's probably a lesson you'll never forget. :)

    Great job on finishing the book soon. I imagine the reason you have hestitated in exploring Sufism further is because you have more clarity about what you want and don't want for yourself?

    Have a wonderful weekend, James! :0)

    ReplyDelete