Sunday, August 5, 2012

ramadan day 17

I went skating today and I probably pushed myself too hard considering I'm fasting.  I wanted
water so badly.  I made it through though.

I went to the main center mosque today for the class for new muslims.  One of the other students was
giving his own talk on fasting and taqwa.  Again, the teacher emphasized doing self evaluation before breaking fast each night.  I havent been diligent about the time but I try to do it every night. 

I had a phone interview for the job in Singapore.  Because of the time different, I ended up having it at 8pm which meant I broke fast while I was still doing the interview. 

My favorite part of the day was listening to the rain fall while sitting peacefully in the mosque reading the quran.  I did this after the class, I sat and read while waiting for asr.

Peace and blessings to all

1 comment:

  1. That's great you made it through the day! That takes willpower and determination. :) Self-evaluation is good at anytime, so good job on keeping up with that! Breaking fast during the interview...at least it wasn't in person so you didn't have to eat in front of them. :) I like listening to the rain too, as long as it's not a storm. That does sound very peaceful. Thanks for your posts! I enjoy reading them. :)

    ReplyDelete