Saturday, July 28, 2012

ramadan day 9

I feel so sleepy today.  I got up early and did my usualy routine.  That is, prepare suhoor, do exercise, eat suhoor, wudu, then fajr.  I do the exercise before fajr because I'm worried that I will be too dehydrated the rest of the day if I do it after the fast starts.  I took a nap right around noon.  I got up and went grocery shopping later right before asr.  I surprised to see lots of muslims at the store, the only reason I believe they were muslims is because the women wore hijabs. :)  anyway, i guess they are buying food for iftar tonight. 

I feel somewhat lonely today.  seeing the families in the store, I think of what it might be like to not be secretive about being a muslim.  I might still be just as lonely.  I think I'm good at being a muslim in one sense, that, in spite of no one knowing or seeing me, I continue to pray salat, give zakat, and fast.  But, on the other hand, I continue to carry it as a secret.  I havent told any friends or family since the whole mess with my ex wife happened.

Tomorrow, inshallah, I plan to attend the new muslim class, that I did shahada in 2 years ago.  I have not been back since then.  I hope that I can meet some people there. 

Peace and blessings to all

1 comment:

  1. Some people say they're Muslim, but don't live like one. You are living the life of a true Muslim by praying, fasting, and just being the person you are. I commend you for that. Continue going to the mosque and you will meet people there. Eventually you will know the time is right to open up about it more.

    ReplyDelete