Friday, July 27, 2012

ramadan day 8

Friday has come around again.  One week into ramadan.  I went to jumah today.  I wasnt clear about what the entire khutbah was about, for example, the speaker talked about 3 levels of muslims but I wasnt clear about what they were.  But, what I did hear was the highest level was something like those people that not only believe but carry through in all their actions, good deeds.  These people were godly people.  It's really hard for me to see myself as godly, but whatever I do, I want my actions to be 'good' (whatever that means).  For me, it means having thought and caring for others.
When I pray, I ask Allah to be a servant, to provide what is needed for others.  I dont know if I could ever be a perfect muslim, reciting the quran in arabic, following every hadith, etc.  But, I do hope
that I can love everyone, treat them with respect, and show little acts of kindness so that others know someone is thinking of them. 

Peace and blessings to all



No comments:

Post a Comment