Tuesday, July 31, 2012

ramadan day 12

I think I have gotten a pattern down for fasting.  I do get tired of eating oatmeal, which I've eaten everyday except sundays for suhoor.  I drink plenty of water, which only means that I'm going to the bathroom constantly after fajr.

I read the quran today.  I don't recall the exact surah/ayat but it says to do formal prayer 3 times a day, not five times.  I think the 5 time a day prayer came from a hadith.  I still pray 5 times a day.  It doesnt seem like a big burden for me, and I always feel better for it.  I know there's people called quranists I think that strictly follow the quran and not sunnah.  I am still learning so it's all new to me.  I try to pick up on what the ahadith are, but I dont follow every one.

I think tomorrow I will try to make it to iftar at the mosque.

Peace and blessings to all

1 comment:

  1. Some routines are good but I can imagine the same thing for breakfast most days would get boring. Hopefully you can find something else to add a little variety. Do you know the story about how the five prayers came to be? My understanding is that it used to be 500! God was asked to reduce it so it was changed to five. I'm glad to see it isn't a burden for you. Enjoy Iftar at the Mosque. I can wait to read about your experience! :)

    ReplyDelete